Sunday, December 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

What a great weekend spent at home. We really have been good about not over booking ourselves, and just staying at home more. I remember reading in one of my books (the chapter was about time management for the woman of the house) that in order to feel caught up at home and to create a 'home' you have to actually be there! What a true statement. It felt so nice to drive nowhere but church today. The day consisted of giving thanks to God, playing, singing, pooping on the potty (Savannah that is) :), walking, cleaning, organizing, learning and just coziness. Another thing the author said was to always do your most dreaded task first and oh how I'm glad I took her advice. Changing the sheets and doing the laundry was mine this weekend-that way the rest of the day I didn't have to think about it. It felt like a load off my shoulders to just get it done first. Savi is being such a good helper lately. The best part is when she gets into the laundry basket and I carry it into the garage, she thinks it's hilarious. She likes to push the buttons and slam the lid on the washer and dryer down.

Yes, she ate an entire ear of corn!!!
 Her other new thing is when I'm singing she stands up and bounces up and down, then sways side to side while clapping her hands really far out to the side. She had such a blast this weekend! To see her happiness while being at home was a good reminder of how much I would rather not be out and about and doing things for me. It's such a joy seeing her have a fun time playing with Rock, helping me, reading her books, playing with her toys, watching the boys play basketball next door, looking at the lights, and discovering something new each day.

Miss Fancy


Oh, and putting on her play shoes that Betsy got for her. I don't know how many pictures we have of me playing with 'play shoes' when I was little. Betsy said I always had them on when I'd come clicking up the porch steps to her house when I was little. Had to capture the moment of her first encounter with them...too funny. She loved them! Thanks Bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment