Thursday, December 9, 2010

Visiting Mr. Santa

It's such a neat day that Mike's department tailors especially for the kids. It's called the "Kids Christmas Party." What an exciting event just for the kids!!! There are crafts, a balloon guy, jump houses, story time with Mr. and Mrs. Claus, food, visiting and kids running around all over having a blast. The girls who put this on work hard with planning and the kids just love it. It's such a close department and 'fire family' that we belong to. I've really gained close relationships with a handful of the wives since we have much in common with our husbands working in the same field and often on the exact same schedule.

Savi's eyes lit up when she saw Mr. and Mrs. Claus arrive on the old fashion fire truck, but as I expected was much more pleased just looking and admiring the couple rather than visiting with them, as you can see in the picture :) So to solve the problem, we both got to sit on Mr. Claus' lap...

Oh my love, she is so precious. She clung to mommy like a little baby koala when she sensed that I was going to attempt to put her on Santa's lap for a picture. I love that she feels so safe with me, and that I can comfort her and make her feel protected. I know it's a simple thing, but I just love that aspect of motherhood. She is my baby and I am her protector. I always want her to know that mommy will be safe grounds for her.


We ended the night  by watching our nieces walk in the HB parade down main street. They so adorably marched by us and my hands were full of Savi and candy canes, so I didn't snap a picture in time. They were so cute (as always) and excited!

Have a blessed day. I'm reading a great book right now and will post some of my favorite quotes from it as the week goes on...

1 comment:

  1. love you guys and love reading your blog kel. it is a way i feel connected to your daily adventures. take care. love teri

    ReplyDelete