Friday, December 10, 2010

Words that Hurt, Words that Heal

We try to serve the Lord and follow his Word diligently, so reading inspirational books (of course along with the bible) that coincide with the bible has become a passion and learning tool for me over the past few years. The book I'm reading now has expanded on and dug deeper into much of Proverbs.

Here are just a few of the many great points the author's made...
"We may have many areas of life under the control of the Holy Spirit, but do we have control over what comes out of our mouths?" She says, "It is amazing to me how careless and unconcerned we are about what we say." It is quite an eye opener and helping me to be aware of the words that I speak, helping me use discernment and think before I speak. "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Proverbs 12:18

No comments:

Post a Comment